Whether you’re headed out for an iced latte or a cacao-kale smoothie, you’ve got to be ready to request that no straw come with your drink. It sucks to be high-maintenance, but it really sucks to use more unnecessary, ocean-polluting single-use plastics, especially when you’re packing your trusty FinalStraw. Try to keep these phrases in mind to ensure you do not get a plastic straw in your drink:
- “No plastic please—I always suck responsibly.”
- “Do I look like the kind of person that hates turtles? Def not. No straw please.”
- “Are you still serving plastic straws? Ew.”
- “Sorry, I’m allergic to single-use.”
- “Want to see something cool?!” (Whip out FinalStraw and cast a spell: “Expelero plastico!”)
Just like when you give your reusable coffee mug to your barista, which is now totally normal, the more people that decline a plastic straw, the easier it will get! Hopefully one day, it won’t even be an option. But hey, first you gotta fight for your right to suck responsibly.
Simone the Starfish